Friday, February 4, 2011

Handmade Valentine's

Our whole family has been sick off and on the last week. As a result, my house is a disaster and everyone is starting to feel a little cooped up. I think tomorrow a project is in order. Little M requested that we make Valentines and I think that is a good idea. Here are some fun ideas and tutorials.

My son is really into space so we might have to do these rocket ship Valentines. I have kisses and tootsie rolls on hand, so hopefully they work. Lots more ideas if you click around the 'family fun' website.

These drinks from 'Tatertots and Jello' would be fun, but maybe a little bulky to bring to school.
I suppose the kids at school want real candy, but I might like to make a vase of these felt suckers 'Pamela Susan' shows us how to make.
And because I am usually last minute (and try to be eco friendly), I love this post from 'Crafting A Green World' on Five Different Valentines to make with recycled materials.
Grocery Bag Cards
I am definitely going to have to try out idea number 5 for the tie envelopes, since I have a fetish (and a stockpile) for using old ties.

I'll post pictures of how our Valentines turn out, and I'll keep searching for more fantastic ideas!

No comments: