Thursday, February 17, 2011

Darn Fridge

Our fridge went out this week and so I had some food to either eat fast or throw out. It was time to get creative.

At Christmas time Andrew and I took the Dirty Bingo prize. We were so gracious about it too! haha.
So my sister-in-law really wanted the cup with the straw and when I saw them at Target last week I had to pick one up for her. But.... I promised to only give handmade gifts this year so I was stuck. Andrew said he could just give it to her, but it still wasn't quite right.

Enter food that needs to be eaten. I took a puff pastry, rolled it out, and cut it into 8 squares. In each square I placed either a bite size Snickers bar, or a bite sized Twix bar. I then wrapped them up and baked them. I have to say they were pretty tasty! Each puff was then wrapped individually and put inside the cup. Yeah! Homemade treats:)

No comments: