Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tea Wallet

I thought it would be fitting for my first post to be of the item that inspired me to give handmade this year. Recently I was able to purchase a sewing machine even though I didn't know how to sew. Since then I have been reading and researching sewing techniques and decided I just had to make this as my first project. It seemed ambitious at first, but this tutorial from Christy of Is It Naptime Yet? is very clear and easy to follow.
I have seen these before and thought that it would be nice to have one. Initially I started out making it for myself and then decided I should make it for a friend of mine who had a birthday coming up. After it was finished I just loved it so much and it felt so special to me that I just had to give it to someone who I knew would love it. My grandma mentioned over Christmas that she normally has a tea bag stuffed in her purse and I got an instant visual of her poor crumpled tea bag.
My grandma is so sweet and special to me and she has taught me so much about life, love and God. I know I would never be able to thank her enough, but I hope her little surprise in the mail makes her smile!

(If you would like a tea wallet for yourself or as a gift and you aren't up to making one I would be happy to do it for you! I charge $12 and have many fabric choices. Just click on the 'contact me' tab above.)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Cheri,
I love this idea! I know of a few people that would love something like this...and I'm getting back into sewing as well...thanks for the great idea!:)

Cheri said...

It really is a fun idea! Everyone who sees it loves how unique it is. The tutorial is fantastic as well.