Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Car Cozie

My first big challenge in finding a handmade gift was for a 6 year old boy. My son was invited to his party and I had a week to think up an idea. Axel and I researched the web for a while and finally decided on a car cozie.
 It is a pretty nifty idea. There are pockets for 7 cars and a little road to drive on. You can then fold the road over and roll it all up. This one we made with a ribbon to tie it, but I think if I make another I will use an elastic loop that would just stretch around it.
I think this would be appropriate for boys ages 2-6. My son is turning 6 next month and this is what he asked for as his gift. This is also perfect to stick in a quiet bag or your purse for church (or any other occasion when you would need your little one to play quietly).

Want one? You can find a free tutorial to make one over at My Little Gems, or you can buy one from her etsy shop.

No comments: