Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Hour Bag




For my sister (in-law) on her birthday I made this purse from a tutorial I found over at Ric-Rac. The tutorial is very detailed with lots of great pictures. This was my biggest sewing project so far and it went so smoothly thanks to the wonderful directions!


There is a little pocket inside and I couldn't find the magnetic snaps, but I did get a large snap from the sewing section at Wal-Mart. I think they were $2 or $3 for a set of 3.


I'm also really excited about the button embellishments! I purchased a little kit from Jo-Annes for around $3 so I could make matching buttons to add a little pizazz to the straps. 


If you aren't up for making your own, you can check out some of these great bags I found on Etsy.
Deer and Mushroom Bag
Freebird Emma

Colorful Songbirds Buttercup Bag
Birdie Sling Handbag

The Pixie Handbag
Buttons n Arrows
Slouchy Shoulder Bag
Knitted Handbag
Peek A Pink Handbag

5 comments:

NzLbags said...

Beautiful bag collection!! Thank you very much for including my Knit Handbag:)

Designs By Jamie said...

Thank you for including my Echino Shoulder Bag in you collection.

Kathy said...

Love your bag, the fabric is beautiful. Thanks so much for including mine in your Etsy line up:)
Have a great week,
Kathy

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? They have a set of 6 magnetic snaps in the craft area that has the iron ons and such for super cheap!

Cheri said...

no hobby lobby here:( i found them at jo annes, but it was $4.50 for one!